The chicken house without large ventilation, but why the chickens will still catch cold?
Catching cold is not only a common phenomenon in the process of raising chickens, but also the main factor of chicken disease, especially in autumn with large temperature difference between day and night. Many farmers will ask, my chicken house temperature control is very stable, there is no large ventilation, nor does it blow to the chicken, how can the chicken still catch cold and get sick?
Catching cold can occur in many links of chicken breeding. It is not only the level of temperature control or ventilation that can catch cold. We summarized the factors that can cause chickens to catch cold in the breeding process:
1. Wet chicken feathers can cause chickens to catch cold, and chicks "take a bath" for all reasons; During brooding, the water line is too low, the water pressure is too high, the chicks drill into the water cup, and the nipples leak, resulting in wet chicken feathers; The spray equipment is damaged, the sprinkler dripping water is serious or the spray time is longer, causing the chicken feather wet. The isolation of chicken houses is caused by condensed water vapor or rain leakage on the roofs of some houses.
2. The humidification method is improper, only pay attention to humidification, without considering the temperature of the chickens. When the temperature of the chickens is low, humidification with a humidifying tube will make the chickens cold; the water used for humidification is at a low temperature, and when the fog falls on the chickens During humidification, if a lot of water accumulates on the ground, the cold air produced by the evaporation of water vapor can also make the abdomen of the chickens cold.
3. The chicken house is not tightly sealed, resulting in the wind that is not perceived by the breeder at the side window, sewage outlet, chicken outlet, water curtain, exhaust fan outlet, etc., which makes the chickens cool due to low temperature.
4. After the wind enters the chicken house from the air inlet, there are obstacles in the process of walking and warming, causing the rebound of cool wind and blowing directly to the chickens, and cooling the chickens.
5. The wrong judgment only depends on the temperature indicated by the thermometer, but does not pay attention to the physiological and behavioral response of the chickens, resulting in the chickens getting cold. The indoor temperature indicated by the thermometer can only be used as a reference. The indicated temperature of the thermometer is affected by factors such as the accuracy of the thermometer itself, the location of the thermometer (whether it is representative) and the hanging height (whether it is appropriate). The suitable temperature of chickens is not only related to the temperature of the chicken house, but also related to the humidity, wind speed, light and feeding conditions in the chicken house. Under the same temperature of the chicken house, the chickens will feel warmer when the humidity increases, the chickens will feel colder when the wind speed of the chicken house increases, the chickens will feel colder when the light is turned off, the chickens will feel warmer when feeding, and the chickens will feel colder when hungry.
6. If the position of the air inlet is incorrect or too large, the principle of using the air inlet is to increase the area of the air inlet where the temperature is relatively high and reduce the area of the air inlet where the temperature is relatively low. If the air inlet is opened only for air inlet without considering the relative temperature in actual operation, the chickens will get cold.
These are the common reasons why chickens catch cold. With the coming autumn and winter season, the weather will be colder and the temperature difference between day and night is great. I hope all farmers can control the temperature in the chicken house to keep the chickens healthy.